Saturday, January 22, 2011

Despicable Me

I had been wanting to see Despicable Me since the previews were coming out! It had some great one liners (“It’s so fluffy!”; “Did you brush your teeth? Let me smell. Let me smell. You did not!”) and being the huge cartoon fan that I am I couldn’t wait! There were plenty of familiar “faces” in the movie, but not necessarily familiar voices. The cast included Steve Carell, Miranda Cosgrove, Julie Andrews, Jason Segal, and Russell Brand.

despicable_me_m

I thought the movie was so funny! Of course it had some sad parts, but overall I got some good laughs out of it. The story is about this villain, Gru, that is trying to be the best. He’s in competition with another villain who is really good. Trying to steal back an idea that the other villain stole from him, Gru adopts three little girls to help him get into this guy’s house. These girls try to make him love them and be a real father to them.

Perhaps it’s just me, but Agnes looks a whole lot like Boo from Monsters, Inc.

Agnes

Boo

Ok, so that’s a creepy picture of Boo. None the less they could at least be related! I love this movie and when it was first in theatres IHOP had some great combos going on. Also, if you’re wondering what all of those little twinkie things were about, they were Gru’s helpers. They also help Gru with the girls. Go watch cartoons! Pick up some accents like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment!